You may be wondering whether you can find someone to help you, your child or your family through a difficult time. Perhaps, the problem has come up recently or is a long standing concern. Either way, asking for help is a significant step and finding a counsellor that best fits your needs, your child’s or your family’s is an important decision.
My name is Janice Kaiman. I am a social worker centrally located in Toronto, Ontario. I have more than 25 years of experience providing counselling to a range of clients with a variety of concerns. I offer individual counselling to adolescents and adults as well as family counselling. I have experience in a variety of counselling methods.
My belief is that understanding, respect and acceptance for your concerns from your point of view are what lead to positive change.
Please look through the information on my Web site. Please feel free to call if you have any questions or you would like to book an appointment to find out if I am the right counsellor for you.
- I have more than 25 years of clinical experience with a variety of issues and problems
- I offer individual and family counselling
- I make available evening and Saturday appointments
- I actively seek professional development to enhance my knowledge and skills
- I am a current member of the Ontario Association of Social Work (OASW) and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
My Education, Training and Experience
- I have a Masters Degree in Social Work from the University of Toronto (1990).
- I upgrade my skills on a regular basis seeking professional development training to enhance my knowledge and skills.
- I worked in children’s mental health for 20 years. Currently, I supervise more than 10 staff.
- I have also been trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) which is a tool to process trauma such as a car accident, abuse or an overwhelming life experience.
“Janice has an open, relaxed, supportive manner that allows the focus of the session to be directed onto the important issues. I have found Janice to be compassionate, empathetic, supportive and adaptive to my current life struggles. My work with Janice has helped me access deeper levels within myself that used to be blocked, which is helping me resolve major concerns.”
“Janice created for my family a safe, supportive atmosphere to deal with the everyday challenges of a NVLD (non-verbal learning disability) as well as major, unforeseen life crises. Her sensitivity, insight, professionalism and humor helped us to communicate more effectively and cope more wisely.”
- Relationship problems
- Physical, emotional and sexual abuse
- Depression and Anxiety
- Learning Disabilities and ADD/ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Child and Adolescent Problems
- Family Problems
- Parent Coaching
- Separation and Divorce